Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Remove the core from your apple and finely dice. (If you want larger pieces of apple in your muffins then dice smaller. Remember McIntosh apples will break down more when cooked so if you want chunks use a green apple.)
3. In a skillet warm up the butter, add your apples and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Cook on medium-high heat until the cinnamon/butter mixture starts to look a bit thick.
4. Once the thickness occurs add in your 3 tablespoons of water, cook for 3 – 5 more minutes on medium high heat. Turn heat off and let them cool.
5. In a bowl mix together all of your wet ingredients. (If you do this while you’re cooking the apples WAIT to put in the coconut oil. If it solidifies your muffins will be gross.)
6. Add your dry ingredients (coconut flour last) and blend until smooth.
7. Grease a cupcake tin with a fat of your choice (I used lard and you should too!)
8. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!