Beef Enchilada Cabbage Rolls
Easy Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Chili Powder
- 1 c. Pacific Foods Organic Beef Broth
- 5 oz. Bionaturae Organic Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1. In saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together all ingredients except olive oil.
2. Bring to low boil then reduce heat to low to keep warm.
3. Before pouring over cabbage rolls, whisk in olive oil.
BEEF ENCHILADA CABBAGE ROLLS
1. In a large stockpot, add a couple cups of water and bring to boil.
2. Remove core from cabbage and very carefully peel off 10-12 leaves.
3. Place leaves in boiling water and turn off heat.
4. While cabbage leaves are softening, pan fry ground beef, onion, salt & pepper in cast iron skillet.
5. Once ground beef is cooked though, remove from heat and add crushed garlic.
6. With tongs, remove one cabbage leaf at a time, fill with beef mixture, roll tightly and lay in glass baking dish.
7. Cover cabbage rolls with enchilada sauce and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
8. Serve with avocado slices and enjoy!
*If you are able to tolerate dairy, you can smother the top with shredded cheese before baking as well as a little sour cream on the side. (sniff, sniff, I unfortunately cannot)
**This recipe is submitted to US Wellness Meat & FastPaleo New Year’s Beef Contest.
***For more delicious healthy recipes, visit me at Healthy Living How To.
For tons of humanely raised beef choices, try U.S. Wellness Meats