Caveman Chocolate Crunch
This one also comes to us from our great buddy George at http://www.civilizedcavemancooking.com/!!!
For the Crunch:
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
3. In a separate bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients
4. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds to help it mix better
5. Once warm, pour your wet ingredients over your dry seed and nut mixture and mix well with a fork to ensure you coat everything
6. Place your mixture on a foil lined baking sheet and spread thin and evenly
7. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes
8. Remove from the oven and stir around to ensure nothing burns, I put it back in the bowl and then respread it on the baking sheet
9. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes
10. Remove and let cool.
11. Once it is cool loosely line the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish with it leaving little spaces for the chocolate to seep through.
12. Move onto the below recipe for the chocolate
For the Fudge
1. In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil together
2. Once melted, add in the honey, vanilla, and sea salt and continue to stir until mixed well
3. Remove from the heat and pour over Caveman Crunch in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
4. Once all the chocolate is poured, sprinkle as much Caveman Crunch on top as you like
5. Place the baking dish in the refrigerator to set for about an hour, remove and place on the counter to allow to come to room temperature. Cut up and serve.
6. I recommend cutting them into 1 inch squares, they are very rich.
Caveman Feast includes 200+ paleo recipes from George, the Civilized Caveman!