Chicken and Vegetable Patties
1. Place the chicken breast in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade and pulse until little pieces form.
2. Remove the chicken to a large bowl, then add the celery, carrots, scallions, and garlic to the food processor and again pulse; you may have to scrape the bowl down at least once. Add the veggies to the bowl of chicken.
3. To the meat and veggies add the coconut flour, and all the herbs and spices and the egg. Mix until the coconut flour absorbs all the moisture and when you squeeze a little handful it doesn’t fall apart.
4. Sprinkle the almond meal onto a plate. Form the chicken mixture into 10 little patties. Gently press each side of the patties in the almond meal and also roll the edges into the almonds…roll the edges as if it were a wheel for even coverage.
5. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the patties and cook on the first side. It’s best not to flip and move them around too much until the egg is set or they might break. Once browned on the first side, flip and brown on the second. Cool slightly a couple of minutes on a wire rack, then serve.
Note: To re-heat them, a dry pan proved best for me.