Cod with Bacon & Creamy Fennel
1. Heat a large skillet over a medium heat and cook the bacon pieces until it starts to crisp-up.
2. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.
3. Add the fennel wedges to the hot skillet with the rendered bacon fat.
4. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and cook for about 7 minutes, until slightly browned, while stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in the chicken stock, coconut milk, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer, partially covered, for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. In the mean time, season the fish to taste with salt and pepper, heat a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the fish in the remaining cooking fat until just cooked through.
7. Add back the bacon pieces to the cooked fennel as well as the mustard and serve on top of the cooked cod.