Creamy Cabbage and Double Smoked Bacon Soup
1. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the sausage and cook until cooked, about 7-10 minutes, breaking it up as you. Set aside.
3. Add the chopped bacon to the same pan and cook until the fat renders, about 7-10 minutes. Set aside.
4. Add the onion, celery and carrot and saute in the bacon grease until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the chicken stock, sausage, bacon, cabbage, oregano and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat and simmer until the cabbage is tender, about 20-30 minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper, mix in the coconut milk remove from heat.
Optional – Serve garnished with grainy mustard.