Double Chocolate Banana Nut Brownie Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, blend the sifted coconut flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, beat the eggs then add the mashed banana, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth.
4. Combine the wet into the dry ingredients and stir together until completely combined. Fold in the chocolate pieces and nuts.
5. Pour the batter evenly between the 12 cups of a muffin pan. I used silicon muffin liners. If you don’t have these, coat each muffin cup with a little melted coconut oil. Top each muffin with a few pieces of reserved nuts and/or chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 20-22 min or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean or with cooked crumbs. These are a bit more fudgy than standard muffins, so they will remain creamy in the middle and not become solid like muffins. Allow them to cool completely, then store in the refrigerator after 24 hours at room temperature.