Fennel and Parsnip Soup
1. In a large stock pot heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the fennel, onion, parsnip, garlic, salt & pepper. Stir and cook until veggies start to soften. Should take about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and then cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until all veggies are tender. Should take about 20-25 minutes.
3. While the soup is cooking, combine the coconut milk, tarragon, and crushed fennel seeds in a small saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let the flavors meld while the soup continues to cook.
4. Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor. (I, of course, used my ninja.) An immersion blender works great too if you have one.
5. Whisk in the flavored coconut milk. If the soup is too thick add more chicken stock. Garnish with fresh fennel fronds and enjoy!