Grilled Bananas with Coconut Chocolate Drizzle
This paleo-lovefest in your mouth comes to us from our good friend George at Civilized Caveman Cooking!!! If you haven’t yet, definitely check out his website, please hit the follow button on his blog, and check out his Facebook fan page. George is the man and has some of the hottest paleo deserts (see what I did there?) and other great recipes on the internet!!
1. Preheat your grill on high for about 10 minutes, then leave it on high
2. In a saute pan, melt the coconut oil and then add the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves and saute for a minute or two until it is all well combined, move to a bowl so you can use it to baste your bananas
3. Leaving the peels on, cut your bananas in half, then cut each half lengthwise in half
4. Brush all the bananas on the cut side with your spice and coconut oil mixture
5. Heat a small saucepan over LOW heat and put the chocolate and coconut milk in and continually stir until it is a well blended coconut chocolate, remove from heat and set aside
6. Take your bananas to your grill, brush one more time with the coconut oil baste, then place on the high heat grill and close the lid.
7. Cook the bananas for 3 minutes and then remove from the grill
8. Place the bananas on your cutting board and carefully remove the peels from them
8. Place the bananas in the bottom of a bowl
9. Put one scoop of the coconut ice cream on top of them
10. Drizzle as much of your coconut chocolate as you would like
11. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve
Caveman Feast includes 200+ paleo recipes from George, the Civilized Caveman!