Grilled Porterhouse with Sweet Onion Reduct
From our awesome pal George at http://www.civilizedcavemancooking.com/!!!
1. In your saute pan over medium-high heat, add some coconut oil and saute your onions for 10-15 minutes or until nice and soft
2. Next add the red wine and port while you reduce the heat to low and simmer until almost all of your wine has evaporated, prob about 10-15 minutes
3. Add in your thyme and honey and stir well keeping on low heat for about 5 minutes
4. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to your taste preference and set aside
5. Remove your porterhouse steak from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
6. Prepare your grill, I use propane so preheat it on its hottest setting for at least 10 minutes
7. Rub both sides of your steak with olive oil and then season to taste with black pepper on both sides (Your going to sprinkle the salt on when its on the grill as to not suck out any moisture of the meat)
8. Place your steak on the hottest part of the grill, sprinkle with salt and close the lid, leave it for 2-3 minutes and then flip and close the lid and brown the other side for 2-3 minutes
9. Now move your steak to a cooler part of the grill and let it continue to cook
10. Judge its done-ness using a meat thermometer and for a good medium-rare you want it to read 130 Degrees F as it will continue to cook once removed from heat, especially with a bone in steak which retains heat more
11. If you want it more just cook it until it reaches the temperature you desire and then remove from the grill and cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes
12. Plate and place your sweet onion reduction on the side
Caveman Feast includes 200+ paleo recipes from George, the Civilized Caveman!