Italian Chocolate Spice Cookies with Citrus Glaze
Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies
1. Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
2. With a pastry cutter, cut in shortening until dough is crumb-like.
3. In small bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
4. Add wet ingredients to dough and mix until well incorporated.
5. Refrigerate dough for one hour.
6. Roll dough into one ounce balls.
7. Place balls about 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 375º F for 8 minutes.
9. Remove cookies from oven, and lightly press each one down with the bottom of a glass.
10. Return cookies to the oven for 3 minutes.
11. Completely cool on rack before glazing.
6 Tbsp. Erythritol, Powdered
1/4 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
1 Tbsp. Homemade Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 drop Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil
1 drop Boyajian Pure Orange Oil
1. To powder erythritol, pulse until fine in coffee grinder, food processor or blender.
2. Combine stevia with powdered erythritol & citrus oils and add milk 1 tsp. at a time.
3. Stir until thin consistency, drizzle with spoon or place in ziploc bag, make a small snip in corner and drizzle.