Italian Meatballs with Red Sauce
1 lb. Fresh Pork Italian Sausage
1 lb. Grass Fed Ground Beef
3 oz. Parmesan, Asiago, Romano Shredded Cheese Blend
1 Large Organic Egg
1. Throw all sauce ingredients into high speed blender and blend on high for one minute (if you have a Vitamix with the soup variable like I do you can skip step 2).
2. Pour sauce into saucepan, bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer while meatballs bake.
3. In a bowl, mix together pork, beef, cheese and eggs with your hands.
4. Roll into 2 oz. balls and place each meatball into muffin tin.
5. Bake at 375°F for 22 minutes or until internal temp is 160°F.
6. Plate meatballs, smother in sauce, top with fresh or dried basil and a sprinkle of cheese.
*I have gotten a few questions on the stevia added to the sauce and whether or not /it is necessary. For my taste buds, I agree, the stevia is not necessary. However, I have a very picky 17 yr. old who will only eat spaghetti sauce that “grandpa” makes; doctored up Ragu, which is rather sweet. I convinved him to try the sauce and told him it was better than grandpa’s. He reluctantly did and ate two plates of meatballs smothered in sauce. Now, I don’t usually cater to either of our teenage boys. In our house, if you don’t like what I make then you make your own, however, I really wanted to sit down as a family without complaints and have a meal together.