Orange and Almond Cake
From our friends at http://flicksweddingweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/!
1. Wash oranges and place unpeeled, in a pot of boiling water for 2 hours. Drain the water (you can keep this if you like and add some honey to the orange water, and then drizzle over the cake when cooked) and allow the oranges to cool. This can be done ahead of time.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
3. Break 6 eggs into a mixing bowl or blender. Add honey and beat or blend together.
4. Place the two oranges into the egg mix. Break up the oranges and then blend together to a smooth consistency. Add the almond meal and baking powder and blend.
5. Create a grease proof paper circle for the bottom of a 20cm spring form cake pan and grease with spray oil.
6. Pour batter into the pan and sprinkle sliced almonds on top and press down. Bake for 45min or until the top is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.