Paleo Italian Wedding Soup (Minestra Maritata)
1. Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Roll the meat into small meatballs (I got about 48). Set aside.
2. Heat a soup pot over medium heat. Heat the oil, then add the celery, carrot, and onion. Sweat the vegetables until they are tender.
3. Add the chicken broth, season with basil and oregano, and bring the temperature up just enough for a gentle simmer. Drop in the meatballs and allow them to cook through. They will float to the top as they cook. Depending on how big the meatballs are, it could take 8-10 minutes for them to cook.
4. Add in the spinach and allow it to soften about a minute.
5. Pour in the egg in a thin stream, stirring with a fork at the point that it meets the soup. Serve the soup immediately.