Pan-Seared Ribeye Salad w/ Poached Egg
- Rinse Arugala and Fresh Spinach, pat dry with paper towel. Mix and place on plate.
- Add sliced avocado, tomato and mushrooms.
- Fill a 3″ tall frying pan with cold water. Add 2 tbsp vinegar and a pinch of salt to the water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Turn water down to just above a simmer.
- Place cold, cracked egg in a small bowl, and slowly lower the egg into the water.
- After about a minute, use a spatula to make sure the egg is not sticking to the pan.
- Cook egg 3-4 minutes for soft-poached, and 5-6 for medium poached.
- Remove with slotted spoon and add to salad.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees with cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Coat each side of the steak with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Once oven reaches 500 degrees, safely remove skillet and add to a burner that is set at high. Keep oven at 500.
- Place steak in skillet, searing each side for about 30-40 seconds.
- Place skillet back in oven, cooking each side of the steak for 2-2.5 minutes.
- Remove steak and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain.
- Add slices to the salad.
- whisk 2 tbsp of olive oil, the lemon juice, salt and pepper together, add to salad.