Apricot Spice Glazed Pork Chops2013-05-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
Preheat oven to 400 F, and lightly oil a baking dish.
Add to a blender or food processor: Apricots, Maple Syrup, Dijon Mustard, Fish sauce, Ground Ginger, Red pepper flakes, and Sea Salt.
Process or blend until liquid puree is formed, and set aside.
Heat a oiled fry pan on stove top to medium high, and lightly sear the pork chops on each side for a minute or two ( just to sear in juices, not to cook completely).
Pour 1 /3 of apricot mixture into bottom of baking dish and place all pork chops on top of sauce,
Pour the rest of apricot mixture over the top of pork chops.
Bake in oven for 20 minutes or more, until pork is done.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 260 Fat: 12.1 g Carbohydrates: 11 g/ Net Carbs: 10 g Sugar: 10 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 23 g
- 4 Pork chops, bone in or boneless
- 6 to 7 Whole Apricots, pitted and cut in half
- 1½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard,( I uses Annie’s Organic, it only contains vinegar and mustard seed) but you could sub 1½ Tsp ground Mustard, if you can’t find a healthy Dijon
- 2 Tbsp 100 % Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce ( I use Red Boat , it only contains anchovy paste) * optional
- ½ Tsp ground Ginger
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes,* optional, but is not very spicy in this
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt, (can use ½ tsp sea Salt if you are not using fish sauce)
- 2 Tsp Olive or coconut oil
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe