Baked Apple-Nut Crisp2012-12-09
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 0m
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter (if using) then add the cider, maple syrup, and spices. Whisk together and bring to a gentle boil. Let boil for about 10-15 minutes to reduce and thicken.
2) Meanwhile, put diced apples in a heatproof bowl. When cider mixture is ready, pour over apples and toss to coat. Pour apples into baking dish.
3) In a medium bowl, stir together all the topping ingredients and then spread evenly over the apples in the baking dish. Cover dish with tin foil and place in the oven, setting timer for 45 minutes. When the timer goes off, remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes to brown the topping. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, then serve it up with a shovel.
NOTES: I made this for company, so I served it with a vanilla coconut milk ice cream. It would be equally as good with regular ice cream, whipped cream, or a simple drizzle of coconut milk. You could even gussy up the coconut milk with some vanilla and cinnamon.
- Apples: 5-6 apples, peeled cored and diced, 2 Tbsp. pastured butter (optional, purely for flavor), 1 cup apple cider (no sugar added)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, 1 Tbsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. nutmeg, 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe