Baked BBQ Chicken with Vegetables2012-05-24
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Using the biggest hacksaw (or kitchen knife) you can procure, cut the chicken into about 8 chunks.
2. In a large bowl or pan, rub the pepper and salt around the chicken.
3. Slather 1/2 C of Paleo BBQ sauce over the whole thing.
4. Cover the pan and let it sit overnight. We\’re going to let those flavors seep in.
5. The next day, toss the fat into a cast iron skillet and get it ready on medium-high heat.
6. While waiting for the fat to get hot enough, chop your onion, garlic, kale, and any other vegetables you\’ll want to toss into the dish.
7. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
8. Put your chicken chunks in the pan and sear for about 3-4 minutes until the bottom is a crispy golden-brown.
9. Flip over your chicken, then add in the onion, garlic, tomatoes, and chicken stock.
10. Brush the crispy top of the chicken with an extra 1/4 C or so of Smokey Apple Paleo BBQ Sauce. There\’s no reason to be stingy here.
11. Take the whole dish and toss it into the oven for about 40-45 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
12. After pulling the dish out of the oven, put the chicken onto a separate plate to rest.
13. Toss your chopped kale (and, perhaps, other veggies such as zucchini, carrots, or celery) in to the pan and cook it down on the stove over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
14. Add the chicken back into the pot and serve it hot. Enjoy.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 3/4 C Caveman Bob's Smokey Apple Paleo BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbs Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs Natural Sea Salt (or iodized)
- 1 C Fat (Butter, Tallow, Macadamia Oil, or Extra-virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
- 1/2 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 C Chicken Stock
- Kale (and any other vegetables you'd like)
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe