Banana Berry Pecan Muffins

2012-12-16
  • Servings : 5
  • Prep Time : 0m
  • Cook Time : 5m
  • Ready In : 0m
  • PrintFriendly and PDF

Toasting your Raw Pecans

Preheat your oven to 180 C.

In a baking tray, pour your raw pecans on it.

Pour the melted grass-fed butter over your pecans and toss them evenly.

Sprinkle some sea salt and toss pecans again.

Bake for 5-10 minutes (keep watching pecans as they burn quite easily!)

Rest pecans while preparing your muffin batter.

Muffin Batter

Line a muffin baking pan with muffin liners.

In a bowl, mash banana well.

Add eggs, vanilla, coconut milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk well to combine

Once that is combined, add almond flour and combine.

Add coconut flour and combine.

Fold in mixed fresh berries

Fold in 3/4 of  toasted pecans

Spoon mixture into lined muffin baking pan.

Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 of your toasted pecans.

Bake for 30 mins and enjoy the smell from the oven!

In Australia, Mainland has promised that their cows are grass-fed. Hence Mainland butter is grass-fed butter.

To me, the pecans were the heroes of this yummy warm muffin.

Bon Appétit!

Ingredients

  • 3 medium very ripe bananas
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup light coconut milk
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1/4 cup raw pecans, 1 tbsp grass-fed butter (melted)

Method


Average Member Rating

(0 / 5)

Rate this recipe

0 people rated this recipe

FavoriteLoadingAdd to Favorite Recipes!

Related Recipes:
  • Perfect Paleo Bread2

    Paleo Crusty Bread

  • Sweet-Potato-Pancake-Breakfast-Sandwiches-with-Eggs-and-Canadian-Bacon-The-Not-So-Desperate-Housewife-1024x675

    Bacon and Egg Sweet Potato Pancake Breakfast Sandwich

  • small macaroon

    Cinnamon Roll Macaroons

  • small pudding

    Banana Split Chia Seed Pudding

  • Banh Mi Meatball Bowls : The Not So Desperate Housewife

    Banh Mi Meatball Bowls

Recipe Comments

Comments (4)

  1. posted by Noosh. on December 28, 2012

    How much pecan is needed for this recipe? You list 1/4 c in the directions but more in the step by step.

  2. posted by cheri.n on January 7, 2013

    I believe it’s 1/4 cup as in the ingredients. The directions are referring to a portion of that. First you use 3/4 (75%) of that quarter cup. Then you use the remaining 1/4 (25%).

  3. posted by cakestopaleo on January 17, 2013

    Hi Noosh,

    Yes Cheri.N is right. Overall you need 1/4 cup of pecans and first you use 3/4 (75%) of that, and the remaining to use on top of the muffins :)

  4. posted by bridgetashley on November 2, 2013

    I used a full cup of coconut flour and left out the almond flour and also used 1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries. They tasted great!! Next time though I will add a little bit of honey to make it sweeter.

Leave a Reply

Sign Up for the Newsletter &

Get 6 PALEO FREEBIES!

subscribe-popup

Get Instant Access!

arrow