Better-Than-Granola Paleo Granola2013-05-08
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Soak your dates in water overnight.
2. Preheat your oven to 160C or 325F.
3. In a food processor, pulse your almonds and hazelnuts just a few times. Toss in the walnuts and pulse a few more times until it resembles granola. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Also in the food processor, blend together the dates and their soaking liquid.
5. Pour the date mixture, the vanilla and salt over the nuts. Mix extremely thoroughly, you want every nugget of nutty goodness coated in the mixture.
6. Lay in a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the oven for five minutes. Remove and mix the nuts around so they brown evenly. Rotate the pan. Continue to do this until about 20 minutes have passed or you reach your desired level of toastiness. Remember, it will get crunchier as it cools so don’t use that as a guide.
7. Once cooled, toss in whatever additions you like.
8. Serve with coconut milk or your favorite nut milk and top with your favorite fruit.
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe