Bison Sweet Potato Chili2012-03-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Brown your ground meat in a stock pot. Once browned remove it with a slotted spoon leaving any drippings in the pot.
2. Add the coconut oil and cook the sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes stirring often. Add the onion and continue cooking until sweet potatoes are fork tender
3. Add the garlic, jalapeno, and green chiles and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Next add remaining ingredients except for cilantro.
5. Let simmer for about 10 minutes so that the flavors can meld together.
6. Stir in the cilantro right before serving.
- 1 lb ground buffalo
- 1 large sweet potato - peeled & cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion - diced
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 jalapeno - seeded & diced
- 1 4oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/2 of a 15oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 T. cumin, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 T. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. cayenne, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 cup fresh cilantro - chopped, 1 T. coconut oil for cooking
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe