Chocolate Mousse Pie2011-11-16
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
These individual Chocolate Mousse Pies are a combination of my favorite pie crust, made in individual pyrex dishes and then filled with Chocolate Mousse courtesy of Healthy Indulgences. Not only are these little pies healthy and indulgent, they are dairy-free, gluten-free and sugar-free, with built in portion control. Go ahead and eat the whole pie!
Unsweetened chocolate is at the core of this recipe. You can use regular Baker\’s brand however, it is processed on the same equipment as dairy and soy. Non-organic chocolate has a higher pesticide residue as well. There are some higher quality alternatives but finding them at your local grocer may be difficult. If chocolate quality is important to you I recommend Sunspire Fair Trade Organic Baking Bar or Dagoba Organic Unsweetened Baking Chocolate. You can find these at your local food co-op or Whole Foods.
The base of these mini pies is a combination almond and hazelnut flour crust. This is my go to combo for anything that calls for a crust. I seldom add any sweetener to the crust and sometimes I even add a pinch of salt. I love how the nutty taste balances out the sweet taste, whether in this recipe, my pumpkin pie recipe or even a cheesecake (working on one made with goat cheese). I recently started adding an egg to the crust recipe as it holds together better. Typically nut crusts can be a little crumbly, which is fine with me, but when it comes to presentation it can get a little messy. Let\’s make these beauties, shall we?!
1. Place all ingredients (except crust) into high-speed blender, with coffee being last, whiz on high for about 1 minute.
2. Pour into large bowl and place in refrigerator for 60 minutes to firm.
3. Enjoy the mousse as is or use it as a filling for Chocolate Mousse Pie.
To Make Chocolate Mousse Pies
Chill mousse for 30 minutes, then spoon into individual pie crusts. Recipe for pie crust can be found on my website. Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes to set. This mousse is so rich, thick and indulgent, no whipped topping is necessary, but if you must, you can add some whipped coconut cream. Makes 8 individual pies or (1) 9-inch pie. Enjoy!
- 1/2 c. Hot Decaf Coffee
- 3/4 c. Native Forest Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk (BPA Free)
- 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 7 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- 4 Large Organic Cage-Free Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1/4 c. Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
- 1/4 c. NOW Erythritol Granular
- 1 Nut Crust*
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe