Cold Sesame (Cucumber) Noodles2011-08-15
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 3m
- Ready In : 18m
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds + 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon organic sunbutter (sugar-free)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar + 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
Heat a small saute pan over medium heat, then toast the sesame seeds until light brown, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Peel the cucumbers, then turn them into noodles with a julienne peeler. Place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix the tahini, sunbutter, oil, coconut aminos, vinegar, water, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger with a fork until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the cucumber noodles and toss gently with a rubber scraper until evenly coated. Mound on a plate and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and scallion. Enjoy the first creamy, nutty bite, then ask yourself in wonder and glee, “Noodles! Who needs ‘em?!”
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe