Crock Pot Italian Beef2013-05-23
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
Break out your slow cooker. Trim your beef of excess fat, cut into 3-4 inch chunks and set in the crock pot.
Peel and chop the carrots, slice the onion and chop the garlic. Add these to the pot with the beef along with the seasonings: salt, garlic powder, basil, oregano, thyme, cinnamon and red chili flakes.
Pour in the beef stock and crushed tomatoes. Add the tomato paste and give everything a good stir. Note: This portion of liquid will produce a fair amount of sauce. If you plan to serve the beef sections whole, you may want to reduce the liquid to 1 cup beef stock, 1 cup crushed tomatoes. If you would like to shred the beef in the sauce before serving, keep the liquid measurements as is.
Cover the slow cooker, set to low for 5-6 hours. My crock pot is an over-achiever and cooks everything faster than it should. My beef was perfect at four and a half hours, so 5-6 hours will likely work for you.
- 2.5 - 3 pounds beef (the good stuff!)
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 small yellow or white onion, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp each: kosher salt, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, pinch of red chili flakes
- 1.5 cups organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups organic beef stock
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe