Crockpot Braised Lamb Shanks (Osso Bucco) with Tomato Sauce2013-02-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Place frozen lamb, tomatoes (spices optionally), onion, carrots, garlic, salt, and pepper into the crock pot on low for 8 hours (overnight or all day). If you use fresh/defrosted lamb, it will probably cook in 4-6 hours.
2. The dish is done when the meat is falling off of the bone.
*You may also braise the lamb in a dutch oven pot like this one at around 250 degrees for 6+ hours.
*Try this dish with beef instead of lamb.
- 2 lbs. of lamb shanks, frozen or fresh (fresh will cook faster)
- 1-32 oz. can of organic canned marinara sauce (includes seasonings)--I used Trader Joe's); you can also use plain tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes and add 1 tsp. each of dried basil and oregano or other seasonings you like.
- 1/4 cup of liquid from kalamata or green olives
- 1 yellow or white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- A few shakes of Celtic sea salt
- Black pepper to taste--I used a few grinds over the pot
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe