Dairy-Free Berry Parfait2012-05-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
In place of whipped cream or yogurt, this recipe uses a sweet almond flour based \”cream cheese\” (inspired by the cream cheese recipe made with whole almonds shared on FastPaleo.com by healthylivinghowto). The cream cheese can be made ahead of time and chilled in the refrigerator (it is best served cold).
1. Create your sweet cream cheese by blending all ingredients EXCEPT the berries and grapes in a blender or food processor until thick and creamy. Chill in the refrigerator (or freezer if you have less time).
2. Wash and dry all your berries. Hull and slice the strawberries; leave blueberries and grapes whole.
3. Arrange a few handfuls of grapes and blueberries in the bottom of a large wine goblet. 4. Top with sliced strawberries.
5. Top your berries with a few dollops of sweet almond cream cheese. Take care not to use too much as it will overwhelm the fruit in the glass. About 2 heaping spoonfuls should be plenty. (The picture here actually has a little too much cream cheese.)
Tips for variations:
- Add a paleo granola layer for a sweet crunch.
- Insert a few whole toasted pecans or almonds into your dollop of cream cheese.
- Change the container between a wine goblet, champagne flute, glass tumbler, small ramekin, ice cream sundae bowl, etc.
- Make one large parfait by layering all your fruit and cream cheese together in a large glass bowl.
- Switch up your fruit by adding in kiwi, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 large handfuls of strawberries
- 2 bunches of red seedless grapes
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 heaping Tbsp raw honey
- a few drops of vanilla
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe