Eggless Homemade Mayo2012-03-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
*Note: This recipe optionally calls for Xanthan or guar gum. While these are both used in very small quantities, you may choose to exclude them if they are not part of your paleo diet. If you do so, you may need to adjust by adding less water.
1. Remove any shells fragments from cashews, then add cashews to a bowl and cover with water; let soak for about 2-3 hours.
2. Drain cashews and rinse under water.
3. Add cashews to a new bowl with 1/3 cup light coconut milk, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar, salt to taste, and lemon juice. Mix together and let the flavors marry for about 4-6 hours.
4. Add marinated cashews to a high-speed blender like a Vita-Mix along with an additional 1/3 cup light coconut milk and 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar, plus 1/2 cup water, 2 teaspoons xanthan or guar gum, 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder, and salt to taste.
5. Blend on high for about 2 minutes or until smooth, creamy, and fluffy but not too airy.
Makes about 2-2.5 cups mayo
Notes: There might be some dark specks of cashew in it, don’t be alarmed by them. If mixture is too thick or too thin, add or subtract water or gums as needed. If flavor is too bland, try adjusting salt, mustard, and/or apple cider vinegar. Taste midway through blending.
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces (plus water for soaking)
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk, divided
- 1/2 cup water or add as needed
- 1/2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons xanthan or guar gum (optional)
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or to taste
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe