Fennel and Parsnip Soup2012-04-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1. In a large stock pot heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the fennel, onion, parsnip, garlic, salt & pepper. Stir and cook until veggies start to soften. Should take about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and then cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until all veggies are tender. Should take about 20-25 minutes.
3. While the soup is cooking, combine the coconut milk, tarragon, and crushed fennel seeds in a small saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let the flavors meld while the soup continues to cook.
4. Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor. (I, of course, used my ninja.) An immersion blender works great too if you have one.
5. Whisk in the flavored coconut milk. If the soup is too thick add more chicken stock. Garnish with fresh fennel fronds and enjoy!
- 3 large fennel bulbs - cored and chopped
- 1 cup parnsips - peeled and diced
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock - preferrably homemade
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds - crushed
- salt & pepper to taste 2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe