This recipe makes 12 conservatively sized muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 6 large muffin tins (or use muffin liners)
2. Whisk eggs and mix in melted coconut oil or butter.
3. Sift in coconut flour, baking powder & salt until blended.
4. Fill the lined muffin tins about halfway. The batter will be thick so just eyeball it.
5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the muffins are set and edges begin to become golden brown.
*To make an almond muffin (pictured above) stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp almond extract and 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
*To make these even more “coconutty,” add 2 Tbsp shredded coconut.
*To make these more of a sweet muffin, add a dash of vanilla and 1/4c of raw honey or organic, grade b pure maple syrup if you’d like.
*To make these more of a savory muffin, add another dash of salt and 1Tbsp of dried (2 Tbsp if fresh) rosemary.
*I haven’t tried these as mini muffins yet, but drop them into a mini tin for a change of pace!