Greek Stuffed Eggplant2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Slice the stem off both eggplants, and slice them in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out some of the insides – leaving a shell. Chop up the eggplant pulp and set aside.
3.Drizzle each eggplant shell with some olive oil and rub all over. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish cut side up and set aside.
4.Heat bacon fat over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and red bell pepper, cook until onion is translucent.
5.Add ground lamb, and break up with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper to your liking.
6.Once lamb is browned, but slightly pink — toss in your spinach and chopped eggplant. Cook for a few minutes.
7.Remove mixture from heat and stir in garlic, oregano, and dill.
8.Using a slotted spoon – fill each eggplant shell with your lamb mixture — fill ‘em up as much as you can!
9.Sprinkle on a light layer of almond meal, and then top each half with a few tomato slices.
10.Give another round of salt and pepper for those sliced tomatoes!
11.Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until eggplant is completely tender
- 2 small eggplants, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. bacon fat, 1 lb. ground lamb, 1/2 red onion - diced, 1/2 red bell pepper - diced, 2 handfuls of spinach - chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - minced, 1 tbsp. fresh oregano - chopped, 1 tbsp. fresh dill - chopped
- few sprinkles of almond meal
- 1 roma tomato - thinly sliced
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe