Ground Beef Stroganoff2012-08-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
- 2 TB of Butter or Ghee; 2 TB EVOO or coconut oil, divided
- 1 lg onion, diced; 8 ounces of sliced white mushrooms (slice em' thick)
- 1 lb ground meat; 2 TB of tomato paste
- 1.5 ts Thyme, 1.5 ts Rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 TB Arrowroot
- 1.5 cup beef stock (I usually use chicken stock since I make a batch every week)
- 2/3 cup thick coconut cream (this is the cream off the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1/2 ts salt; 1/2 ts pepper
- cooked cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash
In a skillet, melt the butter/or Ghee with 1 TB of olive/or coconut oil.
Add the mushrooms and onions, and saute until slightly softened and browned around the edges. Remove to a plate.
Brown ground beef in 1 TB of olive oil until no longer pink. Return onions and mushrooms to pan. Add tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Saute’ for about 3 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle arrowroot powder over meat mixture and stir to combine until arrowroot is completely mixed in. Add beef stock and stir to mix in. Sauce will begin to thicken as it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes. Stir in the thick coconut cream. Serve over cooked Cauliflower Rice or roasted Spaghetti Squash with some roasted vegetables on the side!
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe