Healthy Hot Bacon Dressing & German Fauxtato Salad2011-12-29
- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 1m
- Ready In : 0m
1. In a skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside. Pour bacon grease into glass Pyrex measuring cup.
2. Add onions to skillet along with a couple tablespoons of bacon grease and cook on medium high heat until browned and translucent.
3. To the cooked onions add the vinegar and water to deglaze the pan.
4. Add enough olive oil to the bacon grease to equal 1/2 c. and then add to the onion, vinegar, water mixture.
5. Whisk in stevia as well as salt and pepper to taste.
6. To thicken, whisk in very slowly 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum.
7. Crumble bacon and add to dressing.
Store refrigerated in glass jar or container. Reheat as necessary.
Healthy Hot Bacon Dressing is fabulous over steamed veggies. My favorite is a German Fauxtato Salad made with cauliflower instead of potatoes. Turning an otherwise high-carb starchy dish into a healthy low-carb veggie option. There\’s really nothing to it, clean, chop and steam up a head of cauliflower, add as much Hot Bacon Dressing as you desire and garnish with some fresh or dried chives.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe