- 1½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, pinch of salt, raw almonds
- ½ cup cacao butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Mix the shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut butter, vanilla extract, honey and salt.
- Line a medium loaf pan (8½” x 4½”) with parchment paper and press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour and cut into small rectangles of approximately 2 inches long by 1.5 inches wide then return to the fridge.
- Melt the cacao butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Let chocolate cool for 5 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, place 2 almonds in each coconut bar and dip in the chocolate using a fork, one at the time.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens then double dip the candy in the chocolate.
Recipe makes approximately 13 (2” x 1½”) Almond Joy Candy Bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.