Italian Sausage-Kale Stuffed Chicken with Garlic Roasted Broccolini2013-03-27
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 2m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
2. In a medium saute pan, heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and saute the loose ground sausage on medium-high using a spatula to chop it up finely.
3. Once the sausage browns, add the kale and saute until crisp and cooked well. The crisper the better, careful not to burn however.
4. Meanwhile, dry off the chicken breasts and, using a boning knife or other thin flexiblke knife, carefully slice into the middle of the breast from the thick end. So the ONLY hole should be at the thick end of the chicken. Carefuly slice a bit further on each side to make more room making sure not to pierce the other end or the sides. Then use a finger to gently widen the hole and make a larger cavity to stuff.
5. Once the sausage mixture is done, allow it to cool slightly before stuffing. Tthen, using your hands, gently stuff the mixture inside. It is OK if the kale crumbles and some spread on the outside- it makes for a gorgeous presentation as shown above!
6. Once both breasts are stuffed, lightly season them with S & P. Then wipe down the saute pan and heat the other 1 Tbsp of coconut oil on medium-high. Sear the chicken on one side for approximately 3-4 minutes or until golden and crisp then flip and immediately place the pan in the oven.
7. Meanwhile, wash the broccolini and trim the end off about 1/2\”. Then toss with EVOO and garlic and place evenly spaced on a small greased sheet tray. Place them in the oven at the same time as the chicken.
8. Depending on the thickness of your chicken, it should take 12-15 minutes for them to finish cooking as well as the broccolini. When they are done, turn the oven off and remove the chicken to a cutting board and allow to rest 5 min leaving the broccolini in the oven unless it looks like it is beginning to burn.
9. When you are ready to serve, slice the chicken on a deep diagonal as shown in the above picture and place over a bed of the brocoolini. Enjoy!
- 1/4# Italian Sausage, casing removed, free of additives
- 3 Stalks Kale, leaves removed and medium chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large, boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 large bunch broccolini
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- Sea salt & P to season
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe