1. In a pot over medium heat on the stove, heat the cream, and add the matcha. Mix well, and allow the colour to infuse into the cream. Just as the mixture hits a boil, transfer it to a large bowl. Leave any clumps of tea that stick to the bottom of the pot.
2. Add the honey, peppermint and vanilla into the bowl and mix thoroughly using a hand mixer.
3. Transfer the bowl to the fridge and let cool completely (approx 1 hour)
4. Following the instructions on your ice cream maker, pour the mixture in, and let it mix until almost done (this took us about 40 min or so with our ice cream maker).
5. About 5min before the ice cream is done, fold in the chocolate chips. Allow the ice cream to finish mixing/freezing.
6. Serve immediately in a pretty bowl!