Mayan Chocolate Brownies with Sunbutter Swirl2012-05-10
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
Heat water in your sauce pan or Pyrex measuring cup till almost boiling. Add dates and stir. The dates will gradually break down and combine with the water forming a thick syrup.
Turn the burner heat down to medium and add butter to the date syrup and stir until the butter is completely melted and the ingredients have combined. Pour the butter-date mixture into your mixing bowl and add chocolate to the sauce pan. Once the chocolate has melted it too can be poured into the mixing bowl.
Next, whisk your eggs and, you guessed it, add them to the mixing bowl.
Once all the wet ingredients have combined, you can add the almond meal and spices.
Pour the batter into the baking dish (lined with greased foil for easy removal and cleanup!). Drizzle an \”S\” shape of sunbutter over the brownie batter. Drag a knife through the batter (alternating directions) to creat the \”swirl\”. Place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Once the brownies have cooled somewhat, remove the entire batch in one shot (using a spatula may help support the center if it is still too hot to handle) and cut to desired size. Eat one or three with a nice cold glass of almond milk. Be happy.
- 4 squares Baker's chocolate
- 1 stick Kerrygold butter (if you're avoiding dairy and equivalent quantity of coconut oil will do)
- 4 medjool dates (halved and with pits removed)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3 eggs (get some nice pastured ones)
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal (you'll have plenty if you tried making Almond Milk!)
- Pinch cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and sea salt
- ~2-3 tbsp Sunbutter (if you don't like sunflower seed butter any other nut butter will do)
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe