Meaty Ragu Sauce2013-06-16
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Melt tallow in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute a couple minutes. Then, add the ground beef and sliced sausage. Break up ground beef with a spatula. Continue to cook for a few minutes. Then, add the mushrooms. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
2. Once mushrooms have softened and beef is cooked through, add the tomato puree, tomato paste, basil, smoked paprika, cinnamon and cayenne. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once done, stir in fresh oregano.
4. Serve atop of zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
- 1/2 Tbsp grass-fed beef tallow
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 fresh spicy Italian chicken sausages, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 18 oz jar tomato puree
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp sea salt, pepper to taste, dash of cayenne, 1/3 cup fresh chopped oregano
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe