- 500g ground turkey breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or healthy fat of choice, salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the turkey, onion, garlic clove, cilantro, paprika, oregano and cumin.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to tighten up and make the burgers easier to form.
- In an oven-proof skillet, heat your oil. Also heat your oven to 160C or 325F.
- Form your burger patties (this will give you four) and salt and pepper both sides.
- Fry or grill on high heat for about two minutes on either side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to the oven if inside or move to lower heat on grill and let cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with guacamole and an egg cooked to your liking in lots and lots of lettuce.