No Dairy Sweet Potato Gratin2013-04-21
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Slice sweet potatoes to approximately ⅛th inch thick. Unless you have the patience of a saint, use a mandoline! Thinly slice the shallot, too.
2. Grease a 7×11 baking dish with oil of your choice.
3. Place an overlapping layer of sweet potato slices on the bottom of the dish; alternate with sliced shallots. Continue until all sweet potato and shallot slices are used up: this should make 4 layers of sweet potato & 3 of shallots. Save the larger slices for the final layer.
4. Preheat oven to 400F while you make the sauce.
5. Add coconut butter to a saucepan over very low heat; when melted, add almond flour.
6. Whisk almond flour into coconut butter until large crumbs are formed.
Add coconut milk in half cup increments, whisking each time to combine. There will be a few lumps which is fine!
7. Add seasonings and fresh herbs; stir in.
8. Add pumpkin and whisk until smooth.
9. Turn up the heat to a low-medium and heat for a few minutes until sauce is warm and pourable.
10. Pour the sauce over the gratin dish.
11. Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes, uncovered, until the potatoes are cooked through and the top is brown.
- 2 lb sweet potatoes (about 2), peeled and sliced ⅛th inch thick
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- Black pepper and fresh herbs of your choice to taste: sage, thyme or a combination are all fantastic!
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe