Paleo Caramel Chocolate Turtles2013-02-08
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 0m
- Caramel Sauce: 1 cup raw almonds
- 6 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or coconut nectar, honey)
- 2 TBS melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (or seeds from 1 vanilla bean)
- 3 pinches sea salt
- Raw Chocolate Recipe: 1 cup raw cacao butter ($pendy stuff, can use virgin coconut oil instead)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder (can use cocoa powder, but the raw stuff is so much better!)
- 1/2 cup finely ground coconut sugar (grind in a coffee grinder)
- 1 cup nuts, pecans, walnuts, macadamia, etc
Perfect Raw Caramel Sauce: Blend almonds, vanilla & sea salt in a food processor into a fine powder. Add in dates, continue to blend into a crumble.
Pour in maple syrup, blend, pour in coconut oil, blend. Scoop out of food processor into a bowl. Chill to firm up a bit, while you work on your chocolates. It is the added coconut oil in this recipe that firms this caramel up to the perfect consistency. *if using honey, it will be a bit firmer of a caramel, and you may need to add a couple TBS of water to thin the mixture, or it might work great for you super thick!
Melt cacao butter in a food dehydrator at 115*, or using a double boiler method on a stovetop. Once cacao butter is melted, stir in cacao powder & coconut sugar. You will likely need to reheat a bit to get the chocolate to melt into a thin and smooth chocolate sauce.
Spoon 3/4 of a tablespoon of raw chocolate sauce into your mold or paper cupcake liner. Chill until firm. Add a dollop of caramel to each flat of chocolate, and push the caramel into place with some nuts, like walnuts, pecans or macadamia nuts. Pour 3/4 of a TBS of raw chocolate sauce over the nuts & caramel. Freeze until firm. Share with friends. Devour.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe