Paleo fruit pizza2013-05-17
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 0m
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Crust: Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, then mix in the wet ingredients until well combined. Once mixed, spray one sheet of parchment paper with the coconut oil. Take dough and form a ball on top of the parchment paper. Use a little of arrow root or almond flour to dust on top of the ball of dough. Next spray the other half of the parchment paper so the dough doesn\’t stick to the top sheet. Roll out dough into a 8-10 inch circle. once evenly rolled out, take the top sheet of parchment paper off, and bake in oven for 10 -12 minutes. Next, flip the crust over and bake the other side for about 5 more minutes or until the edges are crispy and a golden brown color. Let cool.
While crust is cooking, heat sauce over medium heat:
Combine just the fat of the coconut milk, honey, coconut butter and maple syrup. Let it boil and reduce to a medium low simmer. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce becomes thick.If it is too thick, add a little of the coconut water in from the can of coconut milk. Once thick, add in ghee or butter, and vanilla. Let simmer for about 5 more minutes. Let cool, and refrigerate for about an hour.
Assemble your pizza!! Place sauce on top of cooled crust, and place fruit of choice on top. I use strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and blackberries. You can also garnish with coconut or coconut whipped cream. ENJOY!!
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 2 TBSP arrow root
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/8 sea salt,
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 egg, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp lemon extract, 1 TBSP almond extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 TBSP coconut oil melted
- fresh fruit of choice, 2 sheets of parchment paper and coconut oil spray
- Sauce: 1 can coconut milk, 1/4 cup coconut butter, 1/4 cup honey, 1 TBSP maple syrup, 2 TBSPghee (or butter if you choose) 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe