Paleo Zuppa Toscana2013-01-16
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
1lb bacon, cut into small pieces.
1lb Italian sausage, cut into pieces (find all natural, organic and hormone-free)
1 yellow onion, diced
1 head of cauliflower (chopped)
1 package of sliced mushrooms (8oz)
6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1-2 bunches of kale, ribs removed and chopped into pieces
1 1/2tsp red pepper flakes
2-3T heavy whipping cream OR coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook bacon until crisp over medium-high heat. Remove the bacon, leaving the bacon grease and set aside.
2. Cook sausage in the same skillet using the bacon grease until cooked through. Once done, remove italian sausage and set aside.
3. Sauté bacon, onion, mushroom and garlic in same pan until onions are translucent.
4. Add the chicken broth to the pot and cook until it starts to boil.
5. Add the cauliflower and cook until soft (about 30 minutes)
6. Add the heavy cream or coconut milk and sausage and cook until thoroughly heated
7. Stir in the kale and allow to wilt (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat.
Serve and enjoy!!
- Italian sausage
- yellow onion
- chicken broth
- red pepper flakes
- coconut milk or heavy whipping cream
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe