Pumpkin Custard (or Crustless Pumpkin Pie)2013-02-15
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Set a pot of water on to boil (enough water to fill the baking pan as directed below).
3. Combine pumpkin and all spices in one bowl.
4. In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs lightly then whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla and coconut milk.
5. Whisk the egg mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well combined.
6. Pour the custard into 6- 1/2 cup ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking pan and add enough boiling water to the dish to come up 2″ high around the ramekins. Carefully place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the custard comes out clean. (I’m pretty sure mine took a bit longer to bake, but it may be my oven!)
Serve warm or chilled.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 pinches of grated nutmeg
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup (optional-leave out for a savory version or for a 21DSD friendly version)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe