Simple Shrimp Ceviche2013-02-13
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Finely dice the red bell pepper, cucumber, jicama, shallot and garlic and place into a large mixing bowl. Chop the cilantro and split open and dice the avocado, scooping out the chunks into the bowl and mix to incorporate all ingredients gently so as not to mash the avocado.
2. Chop the shrimp into desired bite sizes – either into 3-4 small chunks each for scooping with some organic corn chips, or leave larger pieces if you’re going to enjoy the ceviche with a spoon or in lettuce wraps. Gently mix shrimp in to the rest of the ingredients and allow the mixture to chill all together in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
3. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
I recommend cutting the extra jicama into “fresh fries” and serving them along side the ceviche.
*Try adding some mango or pineapple chunks in the summertime. Use orange or yellow bell pepper for a change-up in colors.
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a cucumber
- 1/2 of a jicama bulb
- 1 small or 1/2 of a large shallot
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- juice of 2 lemons and juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb. cooked, peeled & deveined shrimp (preferably wild)
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe