Spaghetti Squash Bolognese2013-03-27
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise so that two shallow halves remain. Scoop out the seeds and inner portion of the squash, and then sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. 3. Place both halves face down on a baking sheet. Roast for 35-45 minutes—until the flesh of the squash becomes translucent in color and the skin begins to soften and easily separate from the “noodles” that make up the inside.
4. Allow the squash to cool enough so that you can handle it, and then scoop the flesh out from the inside of the skin into a large serving bowl. Set aside until the sauce is finished.
5. While the squash bakes: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the bacon fat or butter, and saute the onions, carrots, and celery until they become translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
6. Add the ground veal, pork, and bacon, and cook until browned through. Once the meat is done, add the coconut milk, tomato paste, and white wine (optional), and simmer over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes or until the sauce is well combined and any alcohol is cooked out (if you added it).
7. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste before removing the sauce from the heat.
8. Serve over the roasted spaghetti squash.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. bacon fat or grass-fed butter
- 1 onion, 1 carrot & 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely diced
- 1/2 lb. of ground veal or beef & 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 oz. (1/2 small can) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe