Steelhead Trout w/Currant Bacon & Onion Sauce2012-05-09
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 2m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Preheat oven to broil. Prep baking sheet by lining with foil and greasing lightly. Remove pin bones from fillet if necessary.
2. Slow cook bacon on medium low heat until done. Remove and place on paper towel. Chop when cooled.
3. If less than 1/4 cup of grease is left in the pan, add more grease or oil. When heated, add chopped onion. Cook onions until light brown, about six minutes. When tender and lightly carmalized, add honey, vinegar, and currants. Let reduce until most of the liquid is gone. Remove from burner and set sauce aside.
4. Place filet onto greased & lined baking sheet skin down. Sprinkle and lightly rub 2 tsp oil onto surface of filet. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
5. Place pan onto rack about 3\” from broiler for 4-6 minutes or internal temperature is 130*.
6. Spoon sauce onto filet and serve with steamed broccoli or other veggie. Serve immediately.
- 2 - 8oz Steelhead Fillets
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (or other oil)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 4 strips of thick bacon
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe