Sweet and Tangy Paleo Sloppy Joes2013-06-18
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
1. Brown ground beef over medium high heat in a large skillet. When meat is about halfway browned, add onion and garlic. Continue cooking until all meat is browned.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add remaining ingredients and stir well. When mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-10inutes, or until it’s of desired consistency.
3. Serve in lettuce wraps, on your favorite Paleo bread or pancake, over cauliflower rice/mashed sweet potato or parsnip/veggie noodles…or just dig in with a fork.
1. Brown ground beef, combine all ingredients in slow cooker, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
The first night I experimented with this recipe, I served the sloppy joe mixture open-faced, on top of sweet potato pancakes from Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, though I used shredded carrots instead of sweet potato. I also omitted the cinnamon and ginger, increased the salt to 1/2 tsp and added a little black pepper. We also enjoyed them between two of the pancakes (as pictured), and they were easy to pick up and eat, the pancakes didn’t get soggy or fall apart.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 7 oz jar or 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup (8 oz) water or beef bone broth/stock
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp Dijon or brown mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
Average Member Rating
(3.8 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe