Sweet Potato Chili2012-09-03
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 0m
In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. If using a roast, sear until lightly browned on all sides.
If using ground beef, cook thoroughly until no longer pink. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, or until onions just begin to soften.
Remove pot from heat and use a large spoon to move the meat and onion mixture into the slow cooker.
Add sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, garlic, spices, and salt, and stir well. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours, or until meat and veggies are tender.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. lean beef roast (cut into 1/2-inch pieces) or ground beef
- 1 cup coarsely chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon (2-3 cloves) minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1/8 teaspoon (or to taste) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe