Sweet Potato Gnocchi2013-05-24
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 0m
1) Peel, Cube and Boil the sweet potatoes until tender. Strain the water and run them through the potato ricer. If you don’t have one, mash them the best you can so there are no lumps. Set aside and let them cool off a bit.
2) Once the potatoes have cooled stir in the salt and eggs.
3) Begin adding in a cup at a time each of the almond flour and tapioca starch. After adding a cup, stir the dough, then add another cup. Slowly the dough will become firmer and less sticky. You should be able to roll the finished dough in your hands without it sticking a ton. It may still be a little sticky on the inside, but as long as you can roll it between your hands its perfect. Coating your hands with the tapioca starch will help.
4) Dust a cutting board or counter top with equal parts almond flour and tapioca Just enough for a light coating.
5) Take a handful of dough and roll it out like a snake. You want it only about an inch thick. Using a knife slice the roll into smaller pieces. Each piece should be no larger than an ½ inch wide.
6) Dip a fork in the tapioca starch and press onto the top of the gnocchi pieces to form the ridged indentations.
7) Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or foil and place the finished gnocchi on the 3 trays. Place the trays in the freezer. Once the gnocchi is frozen remove it from the trays and place into freezer safe bags. Store in the freezer until you are ready to use.
8) To cook: bring a pot of water to a boil and add the gnocchi. Let it cook until it floats for about 2 minutes.
9) To cook them fresh (not from frozen): bring a pot of water to a boil and add the gnocchi. Let it cook until it floats for about 30 seconds.
10) Additional cooking after boiling (optional): after boiling, heat a saucepan over medium heat and some butter or ghee (about 1 Tbsp per 10 gnocchi). When the pan is heated, add the gnocchi.
11) Sprinkle on cinnamon to taste. Saute until lightly browned and crispy on both sides.
12) Right before the gnocchi are done, add some chopped pecan pieces and lightly drizzle some maple syrup.
13) Remove from pan and sprinkle bacon pieces on top.
- 3-1/2 Cups of Mashed Sweet Potatoes (about 3 large sweet potatoes)
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- up to 6 Cups Blanched Almond Flour (I only needed 4-1/2)
- up to 4-1/2 Cups Tapioca or Arrowroot Starch (I only needed 3 cups)
- Additional Flour and Starch for dusting
- Grass-Fed Butter or Ghee (optional)
- Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- Pecans, roughly chopped (optional)
- Grade B Maple Syrup (optional)
- Crispy Cooked Bacon, chopped (optional)
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe