- Pie Crust: 1 1/2 cups almond flour, 1/4 cup butter, or clarified butter, melted, 1 tsp salt;
- Pie Filling: 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp Paleo cooking fat
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup homemade barbecue sauce
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1 red belle pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Pie Crust Preparation: In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, butter and salt. Blend until a doughy texture takes shape.
- Transfer the dough into a 9 inch pie dish and press it out evenly into the dish so that the complete surface is covered.
- Pie Filling: Preparation Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet over a medium-high heat, melt the cooking fat and sauté the onions in the cooking fat until they become slightly translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until the beef has cooked through.
- Mix the barbecue sauce in with the beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 2 more minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the beef into the pie crust and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Prior to serving, cover the surface of the pie with chopped lettuce, red bell pepper and avocado.